From Strangers to Neighbors, Aaron’s Answers, Covid-19 Statistics, La Chaine des Rotisseurs, Hillbarn Theatre
Announcement for Humanitarian Aid Fundraiser for UKRAINE
from our neighbor on Sailfish, Walt Heinzer:
I enjoyed the March Issue of the Bowfin Inquirer.
The loose change resonated with me having done the same in my teenage years. Now all I have are partially filled blue coin books made by Whitman Coin Folders. Also got active again with state quarters, circa 2000.
I’ve also collected coins & tokens in all shapes from all over the world during extensive business travel.
I so agree with Gary Colman’s commentary on US currencies being unfriendly to blind people. I have a similar observation of the CA Wine industry not offering more info on their labels. Spanish wines include raised braille on reverse label. And don’t get me going on lack of info about appellation, grapes and food pairing which is always present in EU wines. Only requirement enforced by ATF is the percent of alcohol. And hazard pregnancy warning.
Last of all really found Aaron’s Eye Glasses history eye opening. I think next step is to take this subject to more up to date vision correction techniques (lasers, lens replacement), and the ever present aging issue of cataracts which will afflict almost all people, if they live long enough.
Nancy and Gautam are selling their home – and here’s their beautiful website. Please feel free to share with your friends who might be interested in their lovely, well-maintained and updated property!
Posted by a friend on Facebook (But I’m not sure who is the author of this cleverness.)
And, courtesy of my cousin, I give you these groanworthy puns!
1. Dad, are we pyromaniacs? Yes, we arson.
2. What do you call a pig with laryngitis? Disgruntled.
3. A commander walks into a bar and orders everyone around.
4. Never buy flowers from a monk. Only you can prevent florist friars.
5. How much did the pirate pay to get his ears pierced? A buccaneer.
6.I once worked at a cheap pizza shop to get by. I kneaded the dough.
7. When I told my contractor I didn’t want carpeted steps, he gave me a blank stare.
8. Bono and The Edge walk into a Dublin bar and the bartender says, “Oh no, not U2 again.”
9. Prison is just one word to you, but for some people, it’s a whole sentence.
10. I’m trying to organize a hide-and-seek tournament, but good players are really hard to find.
11. I got over my addiction to chocolate, marshmallows, and nuts. I won’t lie, it was a rocky road.
12. What do you say to comfort a friend who’s struggling with grammar? There, their, they’re.
13. I went to the toy store and asked the assistant where the Schwarznegger dolls are and he replied, “Aisle B, back.”
14. What did the surgeon say to the patient who insisted on closing up her own incision? Suture self.
15. I’ve started telling everyone about the benefits of eating dried grapes. It’s all about raisin awareness.